Our whole second day in Sydney was spent in Blue Mountains. As per the advise of the nice old bloke in the information center, we got off at the Katoomba station, two hours by rail from Sydney Central. Since we only had a day, we opted for Explorer Bus, where you can hop on-hop off the bus to stop on areas we thought were interesting. We were provided with a map to do this.
Blue Mountains is a mountainous region (duh) and got the name from the blue tinge it apparently takes when viewed from a distance (this is as per Wikipedia). There were several lookouts or spots where you can view the spectacular view, particularly the sandstone formations.
The obligatory stop here would be the beautiful Three Sisters - We managed to climb down them really steep stairs and then cross over to one of the Three Sisters. My legs were real shaky by the time I reached a sister, especially as I crossed that bridge and stupidly looked below. It was real windy too, so I had to hold on to the rail because I was several meters above sea level.
Another stopover was the Gordon Falls. Unfortunately, the water in my tap back home appears to be stronger than the waterfalls. Maybe because it was summer so the waterfalls was a bit dry - but the view was still breathtaking though.
No comments:
Post a Comment