Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Memoirs of a Geisha stalker

After my half-failed, near-encounter-with-a-geisha experience, I proceeded walking towards Kiymozu-dera. Although this is an uphill walk, I really enjoyed it because the streets you pass by are really interesting – lined with curio shops, pottery & antique stores, souvenir items & other stuff. I really hate it when you’re pressed for time when traveling, because you do not have the luxury to actually explore the area. I did try my best to observe what I can and take heaps of photos ~ and boy am I thankful that I did this.
As I was taking a snap shot of one of the side streets I passed by, I saw a geisha again! A mum stopped her to take a photo with her son. Ding-ding-ding!!! This is my opportunity, and boy did I grab it by the balls. I hurriedly dashed down (so much so that I startled the bloke walking with the geisha) and got my camera ready, and asked the poor ojisan (who was already a few steps away) to take my photo.



In my to do list in Japan:
Take a photo with a geisha -- check!


Mission accomplished.

No comments: